Thursday, May 15, 2014

Without Him Knowing....

We have started the process of orthodontics.  Adam is VERY crowded and the orthodontist suggested we have 2 teeth removed in order to give a little space in his mouth.  I made the appointment a while back, and it came up on us this week.

I took Adam to the Dentist office and he acted very calm and cook in the waiting room.  I was a nervous mess inside-for him.  The dental assistant came and got him.  He hadn't been back very long and she told me he was done.  WOW!!  I walked with her to go back and see him.  She stopped me before we got within ear shot of Adam.  She told me that the teeth were out, but he did not know it yet.  The dentist apparently came in, "wiggled" the teeth to see how loose they were.  They then told Adam that put magic gauze on his teeth and when they pull that out the teeth would be gone.  They told him all this because when he got out of my range he got very nervous and they found this calms kids down.  He didn't know that what he was told was a story until we were half way home. 


 The root on the one tooth is so long I don't know how he didn't know more, but I'm glad he didn't.

Both teeth are lower teeth, they are m and r (for my future reference-I can look them up later ;)

These are the 9th and 10th teeth that Adam has lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment