Sunday, April 20, 2014

And Then There Were 8!

In the past few months I have taken the boys to a couple of orthodontist so they can start watching them. That way they can best advise when to put braces on.

When we went to the first orthodontist, as she had Austin climb in the chair, I told her he still has several baby teeth.  She looked at me like, "OK, I've seen kids this age before......"  She looked in Austin's mouth and said, "WOW!!  he still has lots of baby teeth.  He still has 9 to loose!  I responded with, "Yep!  My babies were late teethers.

Austin has had a tooth that has been wiggly and a bit annoying for some time.  (We are the type of parents that will let the child decide how hard they want to work on their loose teeth.  Having a loose tooth won't harm them and it won't make them feel any fear in telling us about their loose teeth that we might come after them to pull it out.)

The other morning Austin walked out of his room and came into the kitchen where I was.  He started talking about the day ahead, and what he wanted to eat for breakfast.  After about 5 minutes he tells me, "Oh, I finally got rid of that annoying tooth."

WHAT?!   I would have thought that would have been the first thing he told me!

He had 9 baby teeth, but now there are 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment