Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hiking

  
Over the summer, Austin got the idea that he wanted to hike.  I'm not sure what brought this on, but one day it was decided--he wanted to hike.  I couldn't remember  too many trails around our area, so I started to ask around.  We have a friend who lives up the hill from us (the same friend that used to ride bike to school with his daughter and Austin last year.), he generously offered to go hiking with us one day.   It was a nice day for a hike and wonderful day for all of us.



As I asking about hike areas my sister, Carol, suggested a hike area at Todd Lake.  We talked about a date to go and last Sunday was the day!  We met up and headed out.  Mike and Austin were not too interested in the hike, so they took my dads refurbished boat and went up to paddle in the water.  The rest of us headed to the trail.

Adam and Grace 


We stopped at a stream and let the kids rock hop :)  Adam seemed to enjoy it!


Adam wanted pictures of him and Grace on certain rocks.  That was easy enough to oblige to.



This was Adam's idea for a pose.  I think it is precious!


Grace found a fallen tree.  She decided that the front part (the roots) was a lion, and the back part (the trunk) was a dinosaur.  In the end it was Lionosaur. She had to have Adam and her ride it .  Such an imagination!
 Another pose that Adam found.  3 trees placed perfectly for him and Grace to stand between.

I loved hiking with Adam and hope Austin will join us next time.  It was such an enjoyable day!

1 comment: