Thursday, September 5, 2013

Starting School

This month has been a busy one!!  Since our trip to PA, we had another week or so at home before heading back to set up for the school year.  In that time we had several get together type evenings for one school or another.  We took the boys to a local water park and had a wonderful relaxing afternoon.  There seemed to be so many things to do right before school started.

The day after the water park,  Mike and I headed out the door to get back in the swing of things.  Austin and Adam had some good quality Mamaw and Papaw time.  :)

Mike and Austin started school at EMHS (EMMS for middle school) the next Monday.  Austin really seems to enjoy his classes and teachers.  So far, this seems to be a really good fit for him.  He recently told me that he signed up for Art Club.  I was nervous at the beginning of the year because all the children that Austin knew that would be in his class--they were all placed in the other classroom.  However, we did find that he knew of some other kids that we did not know were going there.  So friend wise things turned out fine.

Adam and I started school the next day.  So far that has been a good experience for Adam.  He is doing well in his classes, he seems to be making friends (for a shy boy it takes a little time), and he is always eager to sign up for new activities.  So far, Adam has signed up for Eagle Singers, the Fall Musical, Art Club,  he will most likely do some days of After School activities, When the exercise program starts before school--I'm sure he will be eager to do that as well.  (maybe shy isn't the word, just not talkative  :)

I am really proud of both of my boys and how they handled the new school situations this year.  They have both taken it in stride and made the most of it to make it a positive experience.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to read how well things are going for them! Any first-day-of-school pics to share?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad part is, everything was so busy at that time, I didn't even think of pictures until later. I guess there are bigger things to worry about than getting a picture that day. There will be plenty of pictures this school year to see what they look like--that is me convincing myself... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you have to pictures taken at Wildwood. I am happy school is in session. It gives kids schedules. Even Grace seems to be enjoying Pre-school. It gives me some one-on-one time with Glen Matthew on days Lana has work. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete