Friday, June 21, 2013

Beach Trip

We took a break from our regular duties at home to take a trip to the beach this past weekend.  

Our boys have Have been fascinated by the Ripley's Believe it or Not books for quite some time.  We found that there was a museum (I think they actually call it an Odditorium) about 1 hour before the beach.  So we made a  stop on the way to the beach.  There were certainly some things that I had never seen before!!  It was very interesting.  

Once we got to our hotel, we had lots of time to play in the sand and water, and just relax for a few days.


Glen loved the sand.  There was usually a willing participant to play with him.  Austin like to "build"--I guess it more like drip--sand sculptures.  Glen loved to knock them down.  :)


Adam loved the water.  If he got any chance to be in the water he was there.  He would end up moving down the beach a little, and I would have to call him back.  But he would come back to where we were and go right back to the waves.



 I did get a picture I love of the boy together on the beach.


 I had to at least try to get a picture or two of all the grandchildren.


I was pretty happy with the ones I got.


Our family off the balcony of our room.  This hotel was wonderful.  It had an indoor and an outdoor pool--both had lazy rivers.  They boys did not utilize this as much as the beach, but it was nice to have as an option.  (It was a great place to sit a read my book!)  They had a movie playing one night.  And the breakfasts they offered were AMAZING!!


Carol, Eamon and Shannon were there.


Mom and Dad were there.
 
And, of course, there was Grace.  

Matt and Lana joined us as well, but somehow, I did not get a picture of them.  

We had a wonderful relaxing couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. Great vacation. Glad to be back home again, safe and sound. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete