Sunday, June 23, 2013

12

Austin turned 12 this week.

I look at him and wonder, "when did all this happen?  How did he all of the sudden become a young man."  He no long has that little boy look to his structure (he is almost as tall as me!),  he certainly has his own ideas of what he likes and doesn't like.

He had a friend and his cousin over to "hang out" on Wednesday evening.  His friend needed to go home due to having other plans, but his cousin stayed for a sleepover.  It was a simple party, but it was so much fun.

I really thought this year I had it under control.  Every year since Austin was born, I have cried (some times more than once) on the day of his birthday.  I sit here typing this (it's not his birthday) and I have tears running down my face.  Austin was quite an adventure before he was even born.  I went into labor at 30 weeks.  I was on complete bed rest for 6 1/2 weeks--that meaning that I could only get up to use the bathroom.  I had Austin on June 20 at 12:43 pm.  I thought he looked perfect!  Little did I know how much my dear baby boy was struggling.  The nurses heard something in his breathing, that I did not.  After only holding him for a few minutes, they took him from me.   He was so sick that I was not able to hold him for the next 30 hours.  I think on his birthday I relive some of the pain that he was so incredibly sick, and there was nothing I could do for him.  (Mom's are suppose to be able to fix everything, right?)  It was a long 2 weeks until we were able to bring our baby boy home. I truly wonder what age he will be when I can control my emotions.


Austin, you have brought so much joy into our family.  We are so thrilled that God chose us to be your parents.  I said you have been an adventure,  which is true.  But that is not bad, you just keep things lively.  We love you so very much!  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Austin and hope you have a great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete