Tuesday, April 30, 2013

He Tried...

...He really did!

This year Adam is in Waterman singer's.  Last night they had an All City Choral Fest.  The Children from all the city schools met at the High School and practiced for several hours.  Then they had a concert for family that night.  Adam was a trooper for the practice.  They had dinner, then we were going to have the concert and be done.

As the children came onto the stage, I could tell something was wrong with Adam.  He was crying.  His music teacher was sitting in front of me.  I leaned forward and asked if she had any idea why he was crying.  She did not know.  She told me that she was the first one to go up and lead a song, so she would check on him and see if he needed me.

She went on stage and shortly then Adam was coming to me.  I asked what was wrong.  He said, "I have a headache."  Then I remembered that earlier that afternoon he had said something to me about a headache.  I told him to drink some water with supper and I would give him Tylenol when we got home.  Apparently, the water did not help enough.

He stood on stage, he would have sang if he needed to, but he was miserable.  It made for a very long day.  He was totally exhausted, and probably dehydrated (and those lights don't help either.)

He was very happy to come home and go to bed!  Maybe next time it will go better him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it was a great disappointment for him. Oh well, he was able to sit with us and enjoy it. Mamaw

    ReplyDelete