Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Boys Make Me Smile

Last evening there were several times that I just had to smile at something the boys either said or did.  I decided that I needed to record these.  Maybe if there is a time that I need a quick laugh or smile, I can look this up again.

I found out some time ago that Adam's math teacher is expecting a baby in the summer.  I decided that I would crochet a baby afghan for her.  I knew that she was going to hold off on telling her students.  So, when Adam would ask me who the afghan was for, I would be very vague.  Last night I decided while I listened to him practice his violin I would take a few minutes to work on the afghan.  When he was done he, again, asked who it was for.  I decided to find out his he knew yet.  So, I asked him, "Do you know anyone that is having a baby?"  Adam said, "Yes, 2 people."  Oh, I did not know 2 people, so I asked, "who?"  he replied, "Well, my math teacher and my homeroom teacher."  I did not know anything about his homeroom teacher, so I wanted to find out why he thought  this.  "Adam, did your homeroom teacher TELL you she was pregnant?" Adam thought and said, "I can't remember, but this is what I know 1. She got married in the summer and it is now winter and the proof of it is: She left the other day after lunch and we had a sub."

WOW!!  If point 2 is the proof of being pregnant, I'm in trouble!!  I'm taking a 1/2 day this week!!

(I will find out for sure this week when I meet with her  :)
****************************************

Austin heard the word cocktail recently.  Last night, he came up to me and asked, "What exactly is a cocktail?"  I told him I think of it as a small alcoholic drink.  He looked at me quizzically and said, "I thought it had to do with a plane."

"No, my dear, that is called a cockpit."

We have a friend that flies airplanes.  Austin thinks very highly of this friend.  He wanted to make sure I told him about this.  I'm sure he had a good laugh.




No comments:

Post a Comment