Thursday, February 3, 2011

Little Lambs

Adam had piano lessons today. He was working with his teacher, and he heard bleating. Adam asked, "What was that?" His teacher told him that those were her lambs, after his lesson he could go see them. I can only imagine the excitement and eagerness that Adam felt!


My mom had told me a little bit about these lambs. There were 2 mother sheep that had triplets. They each accepted 2 of their babies, and shunned the third. Having the big heart that Diane has, she has now basically become "mama" to these 2 lambs.

I have heard that these lambs were named girl names. Only to find out that they are in fact...boys.


Both lambs are doing fine. They get bottle fed and lots of love (I'm sure).



Adam told me that she has a wooden fence in her basement to keep the lambs from going all over the place.


They commented on how cute the lambs were.




They got to hold a lamb, and said it was really soft.



What a great surprise,



go to a piano lesson and get to hold a baby lamb.



Thanks for the great experience, Diane!

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your blogg these past two postings! I tried to leave a comment on both of the blogg posts...
    In fact, I just tried leaving a comment on the lamb post. I must not be doing something correctly?
    Anyway,
    .... I enjoyed having Adam and Austin check out the lambs this evening. Adam's eyes got pretty big when he heard the lambs bleating while he was playing a song.
    "What was THAT?!" He thought it sounded like they were right under the floor.... .
    We bring the lambs inside for the night, because they do not have a mother to look after them, but mostly because I need to get up at 3:00am to give them a 'night feeding' and
    I'd rather go downstairs to feed them than out IN THE BARN at night !!
    I appreciate your two fine guys!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete