Sunday, September 5, 2010

Off To A Good Start!

The school year has started and we are 2 weeks into it. It is off to a good start. The boys like their teachers. They have friends in their classes. They are learning and having fun at the same time!

I started back to work about 1 1/2 weeks ago. The boys have said a few things since then that I thought I would blog about, but never got around to it.

~One night before bed, Adam seemed a bothered by something. I started to talk to him about it and discovered that he was upset because...he was not a twin! I told him that I really did not have any say in that! However, it thought--God knew I couldn't handle it!!

~A few nights later Austin was asking very deep questions before bed. He was wondering :

If you don't believe in God do you still get to go to heaven?

I replied, "no, you need to be a follower of God in order to get to heaven"

What if you don't believe in God, then go with the devil and then change your mind?

I replied, "you have to make that choice while you are living here on earth. Once you have died, it is too late."

Then I asked him what he thought of that. He told me, "I'm going to heaven!"


Somehow these deep questions or discussions always come up right before bed. I wonder if they plan that in order to stay up later??

A town near us was celebrating 175 years. They had carnival type activities out this weekend. We went to check it out!

Saturday they had a rock climbing wall. Austin was able to do this, but sadly Adam did not weigh enough. He was about 8 pound shy. The attendant jokingly said, "go make some round and eat some chicken" Little did he know that Adam is my self proclaimed vegetarian!


However, Adam was able to do the fun house. Austin was too tall!



We rode the Ferris Wheel. Mike had some fun with the camera. He actually got me on the other side of it!



Fun family picture.



Sunday we went back. Austin's friend Isaac came along with us. Here are all 3 boys coming down the Super Slide.



Isaac and Austin on the Merry-go-Round.

And Adam on the Merry-go -Round.


The 3 boys on the swings.

It started to get really busy. We had rode most of the rides, had funnel cake and pink lemonade. We decided to head out. It was still early, so we went to my parents and...



did some sparklers.

Adam started taking piano lessons this week. He is really enjoying them. He loves that he now has real songs to play.

Austin is starting violin next month. I would love to see if there would be a song they could play together. Maybe we can come up with something by the time the school has their talent show in February.

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! I love the family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see an update again from you!! :)

    I'm so glad the boys are taking music lessons...I'll tell Josiah tomorrow that Austin is taking violin lessons, too. :)

    ReplyDelete