Sunday, September 19, 2010

He Loves Doing This...

Our church is collecting coins for Penny Power. This is part of the Relief Sale that will be coming in October.

Someone at our church is a GENIUS! They decided to let the children get coffee mugs and carry the mugs around to collect coins from people as the ushers are collecting the offering. Who can resist giving these cute children a few coins for a good cause? I know I can't resist, and Adam LOVES this!!

Today the worship leader said, "we will have the children come up to collect Penny Power" I think Adam was out of our row before she was done talking! They prayed and the children got their mugs. I can never keep track of Adam because he tends to go all over the church.

It was almost over when he finally got to our section. His mug was 3/4 full of coins, PLUS he had a plastic grocery bag that had quite a number of coins as well. I made my donation to his mug, and he proceeded to try to go the front of the church again. I had to go out and tell him that he was done and he needed to turn in his money.

As I was getting back to my seat I passed a friend from Sunday School, who had seen what Adam was doing. I said, "He was going to go around for seconds!" She smiled and said, "Hit everyone until they don't have anymore!"

After Adam came back to his seat, he had to excitedly report how much he got!

I'm glad he enjoys this, and I'm glad that it is going to good cause!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that is a good idea to let the kids pass the cup and hardly anyone can deny them some change for the Penny Power jug. I saw Adam out there collecting money this spring. Mamaw Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a face like that, you just have to give him your money :)

    ReplyDelete