Thursday, September 30, 2010

Even While Sleeping

Last night I went to check on Adam. The evenings have gotten cooler, so he had an extra blanket that he could pull up. But he was, also, wearing warmer pajamas (he has been asking for these since summer! He was excited when I got them out, there was no question what he was wearing to bed). I just wanted to make sure that he was comfortable.

When I walked in his room, he sat up. So I knelt by his bed and told him it was still night time and he could go back to sleep. He laid down and said,

"Dear Lord,
Thank you for this day.
Thank you for a wonderful family
and 2 beautiful boys
and a loving Mommy.
Amen"


I said, "Yes, Adam, you are right. Now you can sleep. I got to my bed and giggled a little. I thought. "He really takes this "praying without ceasing" seriously! He even prays in his sleep!

Sure enough, he did not know a thing about it this morning when I mentioned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment