Saturday, September 12, 2015

11th Tooth

Awhile ago, Adam came to me and said, "Mom, I have a loose tooth."  I checked and sure enough his tooth was loose, but certainly not going to fall out that night. 

A few nights later I checked the tooth again.  It was looser, but still nothing to worry about.  As I watched Adam, I could tell he was worried about something.  He finally told me, he was worried about his tooth falling out at night as he slept. 

Somehow, I don't think that thought ever crossed my mind when I was a child.  It amazes me how my boys think of things that have really never entered my mind!

The evening of September 10, Adam was really working on his tooth!  As we were doing our nightly read aloud (each night the boys do silent reading and we read a book together and discuss it)  Adam suddenly appeared a bit calmer.  When I got to a good stopping place I looked, and sure enough, the tooth was out and he no longer had fears of losing it at night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment