Thursday, July 24, 2014

Austin's week at Camp

Austin was scheduled to go to camp July 13-18.  I was a little concerned that they would have extremely hot weather, as it is July....  The cabins at camp are not air conditioned and they spend most of their time outside.  As I dropped him off is was a "on the warm side" kind of day.  The counselor told me they would do their best to keep them cool.  Swimming, playing the in creek, etc.  

As the week went on, they had the most beautiful weather!!!  I was so glad!  

Austin did not talk as much about camp as Adam did when I picked him up.  But I could tell he had a great time.  


Adam also had one of the counselors that Austin had this year, Greg (on the left).   Steven (on the right) said he had Adam a few years ago.  I don't remember.  They both said they saw our last name on the list and knew the family immediately.  I thought, "WOW!!  what do my boys do at camp that make them remember us."  But I think it is more that we have an odd last name.

I am so appreciative of these guys who give their summer to working with kids.  They set a great example for the kids how they can grow up, have fun, and still have great Christian values.

No comments:

Post a Comment