Sunday, January 8, 2012

Allie

Our boys have been asking for a pet for some time. I kept putting them off saying that we would not have time to train the pet with Mike and I both working.

In the fall a lady came to our door asking if we would like a gray kitten. She was adorable! But, she had not been fixed, she was not trained. I said, "no."

Over Christmas break someone I know had found a gray cat that had apparently been dumped in the neighborhood that my parents live in. They were looking for a home for her. We decided to give her a try.

Her last owners did a great job of training her. She is a gentle cat. She is very special cat (She has 6 toes on her front paws).

We named her Allie. If Mike and I would have ever had a girl, her name would have been Allison. We were talking with the boys and we thought, she was apparently dumped, I often think of Alley cats as being dumped and homeless--it has a double meaning for us.

The boys (and Mike and I) have fallen in love with the kitty. The boys have been trying to read her "Bad Kitty" books. What's funny is they get a short way in and she will leave. Almost as if to say, "I'm not a bad kitty!"

She has been a great addition to our family.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! I know she will bring you and the boys much joy :) She is a very pretty cat.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete