Friday, May 26, 2017

Old Macbeth Had A Farm

The end of last year, Adam brought a paper home to chose his electives for this school year.  He made his selections, and I didn't look too closely at them.  

When school started this year, I realized that he had signed up for drama.  I was a bit surprised because Adam has a quiet, introverted personality.  I spoke to his teacher in passing one day, and he said that there were other jobs (behind the scenes, lighting, etc.) so I thought Adam would take one of those.  When it came time for the play, I was again surprised to see that Adam had not only one part, but two!!  Well, maybe this will bring him out of his shell.  It's good to have new experiences, right?

He brought home a list of things that they needed into to have props (and costumes that fit) for the play.  He needed a plaid shirt.I started to think, then I remembered that a few months earlier His great grand father passed away.  I had asked Mikes mother if there were any shirts of Pop-Pop's that I could have to add to a quilt I'm making (one for each boy).   I chose 3 shirts.  I thought it was very special that Adam was able to wear his great-grandfathers shirt in his middle school play!



Adam played a farmer that was trying to sell some land to a Colonel Sanders type character.


He also played a messenger.  He looked very much like he belonged in the CIA!


I got a quick picture of him delivering his message.


This is the cover of the program.


And the cast...I'm most impressed with the 3rd and 4th from the bottom.

This play was a take on Macbeth, with a little side story containing characters that might be related to KFC.  It was a really cute play....

....And I am really proud of Adam for stepping out of his comfortable box, and trying something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment