Saturday, November 5, 2016

14th Tooth

Mike and I did not do many of the fictitious holiday characters with our boys.  Well, we only did 1.  We did the tooth fairy, although we did not it very well.

Adam had a loose tooth that had been bothering him. On November 2, he came to me, with the tooth in his hand.

I was so glad that he was able to get the tooth out.  I knew it had been bothering him, so now he would have some relief.  I made a mental note that the "tooth fairy" needed to make a visit to his room after he goes to bed.

The evening continued and life happened and I went to bed....with out doing my tooth fairy duties.  At about 12:30 I woke up and suddenly remembered the tooth.  I grabbed my phone, went to my purse and grabbed a dollar, then I went to Adam's room to make the switch.  Then I went back to bed.  I had no sooner got cozy, but I had the thought..."What if I didn't grab a dollar, what if I grabbed a 5, a 10 or a 20!  Ugh...so I got up, grabbed my phone again and went back to his room to double check.  Yes, it was a dollar.  Now I could sleep.

When Adam got up in the morning I asked if he got anything from the tooth fairy.  His response was, "I didn't check"  My first thought was, I did all of that in the middle of the night, because he usually checks first thing, and this is the time that he does not check.  Oh my!

Later that day, I was out running some errands with Adam.  I asked again, "did you get anything from the tooth fairy?"  He said, "Yes, and mom, I know about the tooth fairy.  The only thing is...I can't figure out if it is you or dad."

I guess there is a little mystery still left in the fun we have.  We will only be able to do this for 6 more teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment